Happy monday morning! Guess what? I can’t CrossFit for a whole MONTH! I’ve put my body into overdrive these past two years and haven’t done a proper deload week at all. So, now I live with the consequences of adrenal fatigue.
Straight from Diane Sanfilippo, who has suffered from adrenal fatigue as well:
“Contributors to the stress that leads to adrenal fatigue can be lifestyle stressors including but not limited to: lack of sleep, poor food choices, use of stimulants, pulling “all-nighters” or “pushing through” a day despite being tired, perfectionism, staying in no-win situations for too long, over training, lack of fun or stress-relieving practices.”
Story of my life. Stress. Working 40+ hours a week, pulling late nights for grad school, my incessant perfectionism, overtraining…. Yup! sounds about right!
“What I finally learned after my exhaustion:
- People who train hard and look lean are not always healthy.
- Eating fat will not make me fat.
- Working out smarter, not harder is often the way to achieve performance and aesthetic goals.
- Sleep is the cornerstone of being able to eat well, train well and to allow the body to re-set stress levels and lose body fat. “
- Up the fat intake (Mmm more coconut milk, avocado, coconut oil, and olive oil) + calories.
- Long walks (3-7 miles a day)
- Lifting two times a week
- Eating Protein + Carbs after I lift.
- 8 hours of sleep MINIMUM
- No caffeine
I started Nov 29th and I am giving myself until Christmas. Good bye size 0. Hello health.
Please note that I will post daily WODs for all of you not suffering from my bad case of the blueeeessss.
Establish a Heavy Clean (this is not your 1RM but a daily heavy. Think 85%)
AMRAP 6 Minutes
15 Cleans (full squat)
Rest 3 Minutes
50 Burpees for Time